Business Acquisition Searches
A proactive acquisition search by a professional intermediary firm will identify many more interested sellers than are currently “on the market.” Business owners continually express to us that they would be interested in selling if we had a specific buyer, but are not interested in marketing their company for sale on the open market.
Working on your behalf, Stonemill Partners approaches hundreds of identified potential targets. We make them aware that we represent a specific motivated and highly qualified acquirer specifically seeking a company in their industry. It has been our experience that this approach will generate significant activity, which is a key element toward finding a suitable business to acquire.
Acquiring Client’s Acquisition Criteria
Typically the criteria that guides us from a prospective acquiring firm/buyer is:
- Geography – What state, region or nationwide
- Focus – areas of specialty, practice and/or niches
- Size – Targeted revenue levels and/or number of people
- Investment Level – The investment level an acquiring firm wants to make in pursuing an acquisition
Top Searches Underway – If you fit one of these, contact us:
- Major Metro Markets – MEP Engineering Firm – $1-8 million in annual revenues.
- Major Metro Markets – Transportation Engineering Firm – $1-12 million in annual revenues
- PA, West Coast, NY – Geotechnical and/or Materials Testing Engineering Firm – $1-10 million in annual revenues.
- North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia – Architectural Firm – $1-10 million in annual revenues.
- Major Metro Markets – Civil/Water/Wastewater/Municipal Engineering Firm – $1-10 million in annual revenues
- Texas, especially Dallas – Architectural Firm – $1-10 million in annual revenues
- Nashville, TN or surrounding area – Single or Multiple Disciplined – Engineering Firm – $1-12 million in annual revenues.
- Nationwide – Specialty Engineering Firms – $1-8 million in annual revenues. – We recently represented a Fire Safety Engineering firm for sale and successfully closed on the transaction. There are many other specialty engineering sectors that we can represent like this: building commission, testing and balance, mold, fire protection, acoustic, process engineering, heavy civil, industrial hygiene, telecom engineering and more.
Current Business Searches – 11-1-18